Antioxidant 168 (AO 168) is a hydrolytically stable phosphate processing stabilizer. As a secondary antioxidant Antioxidant 168 (AO 168) reacts during processing with hydro-peroxides formed by auto-oxidation of polymers preventing process including degradation and extending the performance of primary antioxidant.
Features & Benefits:
- Antioxidant 168 (AO 168) is an organophosphate of low volatility and is particularly resistant to hydrolysis.
- It protects polymers which are prone to oxidation, during the processing steps (Compounding/pelletizing, fabrication and recycling) from molecular weight change (e.g. chain scission/cross linking) and prevent discoloration.
- Antioxidant 168 (AO 168) performs best when combined with other Polygel antioxidants.
- Antioxidant 168 (AO 168) is a hydrolytically stable phosphite processing stabilizer as a secondary antioxidant.
- It reacts during processing with hydroperoxides formed by autoxidation of polymers preventing process induced degradation.
- Antioxidant 168 (AO 168) reacts with hydroperoxides to yield non-radical products, therefore called hydroperoxide decomposer.
- Antioxidant 168 (AO 168) is synergistically combined with other primary antioxidant such as Antioxidant 1010 (AO 1010) and Antioxidant 1076 (AO 1076) for applied used in polyolefins or olefin-copolymers such as HDPE, LLDPE, PP, EVA as well as PC, PA.
- The blends can also be used in engineering plastics such as PBT, PET, and styrenics, elastomers like PS, ABS, BR, SBS and tickifier resins, adhesives.
- Antioxidant 168 (AO 168) protects polymers which are prone to oxidation during processing steps (compounding, pelletizing, fabrication and recycling) from molecular weight change (e.g. chain scission of PP, cross linking of PE) and prevent discoloration.
Handling & Safety: In accordance with good industrial practice, handle with care and avoid unnecessary personal contact. Avoid continuous or repetitive breathing of dust. Use only with adequate ventilation. Avoid dust formation and ignition sources. For more detailed information please refer to the material safety data sheet.
Storage: This product may be stored in a sealed container. Containers should be kept tightly closed when not in use and stored in a cool, dry place